- A.S.—Building Inspection Technology
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Building Inspection Technology
CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY
- Concrete Construction Inspection
- Electrical Construction Inspection
- H.V.A.C. Inspection
- Masonry Construction Inspection
- Plumbing Inspection
- Soils & Asphalt Construction Inspection
- Steel Construction Inspection
- Wood Frame Construction Inspection
Green Buildings: Environmental Design, Energy Management and Performance Based Construction
This CRC program has been developed to prepare individuals for employment in building inspection.
Graduates may be employed by contractors, government agencies, architects, finance companies and developers.
A wide variety of employment opportunities exist in the fast-growing construction industry in the Sacramento Valley.
|Building Inspector||Plan Checker|
|Government Building Official|
Some Career Opportunities may require more than two years of college study. Classes beyond the associate degree may be required to fulfill some Career Opportunities or for preparation for transfer to a university program.
- Field trips to a variety of construction sites to study inspection technologies and code interpretations (instructor option)
- Association with instructors who are county and city building officials and inspectors
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor's degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate's degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor's degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo