Internship Eligibility Requirements
Determining if you are Eligible for an Internship
The Co-op Office assists all students with getting an internship, however, the qualifications may vary slightly for different majors. Please stop by our office located in the Business and Social Science Building room 106 for more specific information regarding your particular major and career goal.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for an Internship Include:
- Have a declared major
- Have a career goal in mind
- Completion of at least one semester in college
- Completion of some classes in your major
- Have a 2.5 GPA or better
- Have at least 10-20 hours per week to devote to an internship position
- Enroll and participate in a weekly or online Work Experience course
If your answers are YES, you are ready to start the process to get an internship. If most of your answers are NO, we encourage you to: (1) Research a career goal at the Career Center; (2) Talk to your academic counselor about declaring a major related to your career goals and develop an academic plan; (3) Take the appropriate classes and achieve at least a "C" grade or higher.