- A.A.—Advertising/Public Relations
(Computer Information Science Program)
This CRC program is part of CRC's offerings in Radio, Television and Film Production and is designed for students interested in careers in public relations and advertising. This program trains students in public relations and advertising theory and exposes them to production techniques for the Internet, radio, television and print media.
|Public Information Officer||Community Relations Specialist|
|Media Consultant||Public Relations Firm Representative|
Some Career Opportunities may require more than two years of college study.
- Instruction and practice in desktop publishing and graphics applications in the department's Apple laboratory or PC computer lab.
- Opportunities for practical experience selling and designing ads for campus publications
- Introductory production experience in radio and television advertising, writing and production
- Internship opportunities working in local media including Advertising Agencies, Public Relations firms, TV and Radio stations, post-production houses, corporate and government employers.
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor's degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate's degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor's degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo