- AA-T—Psychology for Transfer
Psychology concerns itself with the study of behavior of humans and other animals. Part of its appeal and fascination is the fact that it involves both pure science and the practical application of science to matters of everyday life. Those pursuing psychology as a field of study will find many Career Opportunities centering around helping others understand, predict and control their own behavior and the behavior of others. Training in psychology also provides a valuable foundation for other professions that deal with people.
Career Opportunities as educators, scientists, consultants, practition ers and mental health professionals with some of the following titles:
|Childcare Worker||College Professor|
|College Counselor||Social Services|
|Counselor||Human Services Specialist|
|Marketing Specialist||Personnel Analyst|
|Probation Officer||Psychiatric Tech/Aide|
|Public Survey||Research Therapist|
|Training/Development Specialist||Ward Attendant|
Most of the Career Opportunities listed above require more than two years of college study.
- Exemplary instructional staff that includes authors and researchers
- Varied course offerings including psychology of women and human sexuality
- Preparation for University transfer
- Psychology courses complement AA degrees and/or certifications in many other fields: communications media, early childhood education, human services, interdisciplinary studies, marketing/business, health/medicine, consumer affairs, and the military.
Transferable courses may or may not satisfy lower division major preparation, general education, and/or elective requirements. Please meet with a counselor for specific transfer course evaluation.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo