CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Accounting, Advanced
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting, Taxation Certificate
This program provides training for entry-level employment in private industry or in government accounting or for self-employment as a provider of computer-based bookkeeping and/or tax services. In addition, those individuals already employed in accounting can work toward career advancement by taking additional courses. Generally, employment in this specialization also requires proficiency in computer applications and good communication skills.
|Accounting Clerk||Accounting Technician|
|Bank Employee/Examiner||Certified Public Accountant|
|Cost Accountant||Insurance Employment|
|Revenue Agent (FTB/IRS)||Tax Preparer|
|Accounts Receivable||Accounts Payable|
|General Ledger||Full-Charge Bookkeeper|
Some Career Opportunities may require more than two years of college study.
- A traditional course of study in Accounting Fundamentals, Financial Reporting, Managerial Techniques, State and Federal Income Taxation, Cost Accounting, and Auditing
- State-of-the-art software and equipment to provide computerized accounting training
- Internships, work experience with local employers for college units, job shadowing, guest speakers from the accounting industry, field trips to accounting offices
- A lab with tutorial assistance
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor's degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate's degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor's degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo