- A.S.—Horticulture, Landscape Technology
- A.S.—Horticulture, Nursery Management
- A.S.—Sustainable Landscape & Irrigation Systems Design
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Horticulture, Landscape Technology Program Disclosures
- Nursery Operations Program Disclosures
- Sustainable Landscape and Irrigation Systems Design Program Disclosures
CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY
- Sustainable Irrigation & Water Management Technology
Green Buildings: Environmental Design, Energy Management and Performance Based Construction
(Listed under the Architecture Program)
These CRC programs offer students the opportunity to blend the disciplines of horticulture, construction, drafting and business into a unique professional opportunity. A wide variety of employment opportunities are available in the Sacramento area for students completing the associate's degree or one of the certificate programs. The continued growth of the area and the need for specialized training are creating a demand for qualified individuals.
A student majoring in a degree option program should, upon completion, be able to meet the standards imposed by local industries for proper placement within the selected job area of the student's choice. It should, however, be noted that each employment situation may require that additional standards be met.
|Nursery Management and Operations|
|Contracting & Maintenance|
|Fertilizer & Insecticide Application|
|Government Agency employee|
- Hands-on experience in greenhouse operations
- Field trips for appreciation and evaluative study
- Practical design opportunities
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor's degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an associate's degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the bachelor's degree.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo