Learning Outcomes Dialog Subcommittee
Meets: 2nd & 4th Wednesday @ 3:00-4:30
Purpose: to support the implementation and integration of student learning and service area outcomes assessment at the college.
Most directly, the Learning Outcomes Dialogue Subcommittee achieves this purpose through the following:
- Assessing and modifying (as needed) the outcomes assessment process.
- Ensuring that assessment results are disseminated and integrated with campus processes.
- Ensuring that the assessment processes are consistent with our campus culture, are flexible and versatile, produce useful results that lead to program improvement and enhanced student success, and are not overly burdensome and time consuming.
- Providing support for the outcomes assessment process and the SLO Coordinator.
- Making recommendations for changes and/or resources needed to support the implementation and integration of outcomes assessment at the college.
Areas of Responsibility
- Engage in explorative and open discussion of the outcomes assessment process
- Coordinate, plan, and conduct activities that support the outcomes assessment
- Assist with evaluating and improving the outcomes assessment process
- Distribute information to employees about workshops, seminars and available resources related to outcomes assessment
- Dialogue about and disseminate program and college-wide SLO assessment results to connect outcomes assessment with other college processes and practices
- Support the college's strategic plan in the area of outcomes assessment