Instructional Materials for Your Class
The Hawks Nest Bookstore at CRC has many resources available to faculty for reviewing and selecting textbooks, as well as procedures for ordering textbooks and classroom supplies in a timely fashion, copyright procedures for instructional packets, and other important information about bookstore orders. These resources and procedures are available to you at the following link: Bookstore Guidelines for Faculty
Reserve Books in the Library
The CRC Library has established 'Library Liaisons' to assist you with ordering new books and reserving books for your classes, as well as media or periodical order requests, inter-library loans, research lists for your class, specialized library handouts, library research instructional sessions for your class, private instructional session for yourself on advanced searching techniques, how to use the library catalog, a specific research database, or Internet resources in your discipline. To contact your Library Liaison, please click on the following link: Faculty Library Liaisons
Guidelines for Duplicating Copyrighted Materials
Los Rios CCD Board Regulation R-8333 provides the following guidelines for the use of copyrighted materials in compliance with Federal law.
Single copies may be made of printed materials for purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, or research as follows:
- A chapter of a book
- An article from a periodical or a newspaper
- A short story, a short essay, or a short poem
- A chart, a graph, a diagram, a drawing, a cartoon or a picture from a book, a periodical, or a newspaper
- A single copy of an entire performable unit of music that is confirmed by the copyright to be out of print or that is unavailable except in a larger work, when made for academic purpose other than performance and solely for the teacher's research or class preparation.
Multiple copies, not to exceed one copy per student, may be made for or by a faculty member for classroom use, provided that:
- Each copy carries the copyright notice
- The copying is not used to substitute for the purchase of printed materials
- The copying is not used to create or substitute for anthologies or other collective works
- The copying is not from works described as “consumable” such as workbooks, standardized tests, test booklets, answer sheets, etc.
- The copying meets the tests for brevity, spontaneity, and cumulative effect.
Guidelines are also available through Board Regulation R-8333 on copyright protecting your independent or district developed materials.
Printing Services at CRC
Basic, free (i.e., no charge to the department) services are available for black & white copies of standard class materials such as course syllabus, exams, and short handouts used to supplement instruction. Click here to follow the procedures for your request: Printing Services