What is Diop Scholars?
The Diop Scholars program is a community of learners designed to support and increase academic success. This program addresses students’ needs through academic support services and curriculum focused on African American and multicultural literature, history and experiences.
Criteria for participation
- Be eligible for enrollment or enrolled at Cosumnes River College
- Be eligible for enrollment into English Writing 101
- Must take 7-12 units or more of academic courses each semester during the program including courses listed below
- Complete Diop Scholars Student Information form
DIOP Scholars Academic Schedule
Diop Scholars will:
- Become active and responsible learners
- Learn and study with other highly motivated college students
- Work closely with program faculty
- Strengthen written, oral and critical thinking skills
- Participate in academic enrichment and co-curricular activities
- Learn more about African, African American and multicultural heritage
How to receive more information:
For a program brochure and student information form contact:
A culturally enriching college experience • Diop Scholars is open to all eligible students
The Diop Scholars program is a consortium member of the Umoja Community of California Community Colleges.