Welcome to Cosumnes River College
Thank you for your interest in Cosumnes River College. International students are an important part of the intellectual and cultural community of CRC students. We hope you will find all of the information you need on this website. We are officially accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. CRC offers a variety of occupational, general education, and transferable courses and programs. We offer Associate of Arts/Science degrees in various majors.
- Admissions procedures
- Application deadlines
- Transfer students
- Health Insurance
- Class schedule
If you are interested in attending CRC as an international student, please request an application packet from Judy Kimura, International Admissions, by contacting her via email email@example.com. Or download the International Student Information Packet online. The following documents will need to be submitted with your International Student Packet:
A. Evidence of English Proficiency:
- Official TOEFL (Test of English in a Foreign Language) test result of 450 minimum (written), 133 (computer based), or 45 (Internet Based). No Photocopy. To find out more about the TOEFL, contact www.ets.org/toefl. We also accept the STEP/EIKEN test with a score of Grade 2A Level.
- Applicants already residing in the United States, may submit the CRC ESL Assessment Test scores with placement in the High Intermediate level in place of the TOEFL. Please check with the Assessment Center for test times and dates.
B. Financial Support: Official bank letter/USCIS affidavit of support in the exchange rate of $16,000.00 U.S.dollars. Visit www.uscis.gov to obtain the Affidavit of Support, Form I-134. (If sponsored by agency, submit 1 official scholarship letter addressed to CRC listing dates of coverage).
C. Education Requirements: Official high school diploma/transcript showing graduation and 1 Official college transcript (Non-English documents must be accompanied by translated copies.)
D. Photograph: One small photograph with your name printed on back.
- International Student Application Packet completed and signed. Please contact Judy Kimura at firstname.lastname@example.org for the International Student Application Packet.
- CRC Admissions Application completed with a #2 pencil and signed.
F. Application Fee: $50.00 Non-refundable application fee payable to Cosumnes River College in the form of a check, money order, or cashier’s check (do not send cash) payable on a United States bank.
G. I-90I Fee: A SEVIS I-901 fee of $200.00 has been mandated by Congress to be paid on line to SEVIS upon issuance of I-20.
H. Tuberculosis Clearance: Certification of Negative Tuberculosis Skin Test. This can be taken at the Health Services after arriving on campus for a fee of $5.00.
Collect and mail ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR AN I-20 AT ONE TIME. A complete package will speed the evaluation process. If the TOEFL score or transcript is going to be delayed, write a note to let us know when to expect the results. Submit completed application before the deadline dates to allow mailing time and processing time.
FALL SEMESTER (August to December): May 1st
SPRING SEMESTER (January to May): November 1st
If you are currently attending another institution in the U.S. as an F-1 student, you will need to have your SEVIS record released to CRC after you have met the admission requirements. Please talk to your current International Student Advisor about transferring to CRC as soon as possible. In addition to the International Admission Packet, you will need to submit the following documents:
- CRC TRANSFER FORM filled out by your International Student Advisor
- Copy of VISA stamp in your passport
- Copy of I-94 (front and back) in your passport
- Copy of your current school’s I-20 issued to you
Health insurance is required of all international students. Los Rios Community College District has selecated a plan offered by Aetna Student Health to meet your needs. To review the policy, please go to: https://wfis.wellsfargo.com/Losrios. For more information, please contact Judy Kimura.
International students have limited part-time and full-time employment opportunities. F-1 students are able to work on CRC campus for 20 hours per week or less. For more information, please contact Judy Kimura at email@example.com.
- Optional Practical Training - for more information, please contact Judy Kimura at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curricular Practial Training - for more information, please contact Judy Kimura at email@example.com
- Economic Hardship - for more information, please contact Judy Kimura at firstname.lastname@example.org
A housing list is available by contacting the Student Development Office at 916-691-7315.
The CRC Class Schedule and CRC Catalog is on-line at www.crc.losrios.edu. The class schedule contains important information on registration dates, courses offered for the semester, pre-corequisite(s) requirements for courses, school calendar, tuition and enrollment fee information. The catalog contains course descriptions of majors and degree/certificate information. The catalog may be purchased at the CRC Bookstore or downloaded for free through the CRC website at www.crc.losrios.edu.