External Examinations

External Examinations

External Examinations such as Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) can be used to earn college credits and to fulfill areas of General Education at both the Community College (such as CRC) and California State University (CSU) or the University of California (UC). Please use the links below.

Advanced Placement (AP)

International Baccalaureate (IB)

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

The above information is also available on pages 35-39 of the 2017-2018 CRC Catalog)

NOTE - These links are NOT meant to substitute for consultation with a Counselor, nor are they an exhaustive list of the uses of external examination scores. Please remember that each segment (Community College, CSU, UC) may use the same external examination score differently; before having external examinations converted to CRC course credits (where applicable) you should consult with a CRC Counselor and an Admissions Representative of the UC or CSU, as appropriate. The use of external examination results with private in-state or out-of-state, and public out-of-state colleges or universities is beyond the scope of this page - if you are interested in such information, you must contact the college or university to which you are interested in transfer.