1. This application must be typed. Make 2 copies and keep one copy for your records, the other must be mailed or hand delivered inside your application packet. Fill out the application completely. Incomplete application packets will not be accepted.
2. Pre-requisites: The following are the pre-requisite course requirements for admission to the Veterinary technology Program:
3. Transcripts: Official, complete, and sealed transcripts, showing your high school diploma/GED and the required prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better, must accompany your application. The application deadline for entry to the Fail 2019 class is June 14, 2019.
4. If you believe that you have taken a course that will be equivalent to one of the prerequisite courses in the Los Rios Community College system, it is your responsibility to verify course equivalency. You must obtain your college’s course description from your online college catalog and email the description to the Veterinary Technology liaison counselor at Cosumnes River College. The counselor will review your information and email you approval of the equivalency or an explanation of non-acceptance of your prerequisite courses. The current liaison counselor email information may be obtained by contacting the counseling center at (916) 691-7316. Print a copy of the counselor’s email reply of the acceptance and include it in your application packet.
5. Re-application: Space is not reserved for qualified applicants who were previously not selected for admission. If you applied to the Veterinary Technology program but were not accepted due to space limitations, you must complete a new application packet in order to be considered for admission. Include your transcripts in the application packet.
6. Admission to the Veterinary Technology program is based on a random lottery process from among the qualified applicants. Only students who meet the educational prerequisites for the Veterinary Technology Program and follow the pre-enrollment procedures will be considered for admission. Meeting all the requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
7. Orientation: All accepted students must attend the Veterinary Technology Orientation Day and the first day of classes. Failure to do so may result in the student being dropped from the program. The orientation date, time, and place will be announced upon acceptance.
8. Filing dates: Applications will not be accepted until January 3, 2019. For your application packet to be considered, it must be received by the Careers and Technology office, WIN-111 at Cosumnes River College by June 15, 2019.
9. All applicants will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance by July 1, 2019.
10. Application instructions may change at any time. It is the student’s responsibility to check the application instructions section of the Veterinary Technology Website for updates.