- Catalog 2019-2020
- Advertising/Public Relations
- Agriculture Business
- Allied Health
- Animal Science
- Architectural Design Technology
- Automotive Mechanics Technology
- Broadcast Journalism
- Building Inspection Technology
- Business Technology
- Communication Studies
- Computer Information Science
- Construction Management Technology
- Culinary Arts Management
- Deaf Studies
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Digital Media
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technology
- English as a Second Language
- Ethnic Studies
- Family and Consumer Science
- Film and Media Studies
- Film/Digital Cinema Production
- Fire Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Health Records Information Technology
- Human Services
- Human/Career Development
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Medical Assisting
- Nutrition and Foods
- Pharmacy Technology
- Physics and Astronomy
- Plant Science
- Political Science
- Radio Production
- Radio, Television, and Film Production
- Real Estate
- Social Science
- Television Production
- Theatre Arts
- Veterinary Technology
- Work Experience
A.S. in General Agriculture
Agriculture is a vital component of our local, state, and national economies and offers many exciting employment opportunities. In addition to the production of a wide range of valuable agricultural commodities, the Sacramento region is home to numerous multi-national agricultural corporations and statewide governmental agencies. It is also a center for international agricultural trade and commerce. This program is designed to prepare students to transfer to UC or CSU majoring in Agriculture while also allowing the student to select courses that fit his/her individual needs and desires.
As a General Agriculture major, you will:
- Study a general agriculture curriculum representing all of the departments of the Cosumnes River College agriculture program including: agriculture business, horticulture, welding, veterinary technology and plant science.
- Develop your leadership and communication skills.
- Identify the agricultural career you are most interested in and build a course of study to better qualify you for a profession.
- As the only community college agriculture program in the Sacramento region, the CRC General Agriculture program provides an excellent opportunity for individuals who wish to pursue a career in agriculture, receive a General Agriculture Associate of Science degree, or transfer to CSU or UC.
- The faculty in this program works closely with the five California agricultural degree offering universities to provide a quality transfer program for students interested in agriculture business, management and economics.
- The Sacramento region is fortunate to have some of the best high school agriculture programs in California. The faculty in the CRC Ag program works closely with these feeder schools to articulate coursework and facilitate the successful transition of agriculture students from high school to the university.
- Internships in agriculture are available for students interested in work experience opportunities.
NOTE TO TRANSFER STUDENTS: If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor’s degree in this major, it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for your major. Schools vary widely in terms of the required preparation. The courses that CRC requires for an Associate’s degree in this major may be different from the requirements needed for the Bachelor’s degree.
1This major requires that you complete all courses in the required program plus one area of concentration.
2A minimum of two units required.
Management; Supervision; Finance; Insurance; Government; Marketing; Distribution; International Trade; Sales and Service Nursery Management and Operations; Park Maintenance; Landscape Design, Teaching, Communication; Contracting & Maintenance; Fertilizer & Insecticide Application; Research; Retail/Wholesale; Estimator; Consultant; Government Agency employee; Welding Technician; Inspection; Welding Engineering; Sculpting; Home/Handicraft & Hobby; Construction; Trucking & Automotive Some positions, however, require a four-year degree for which CRC’s program is a good base for transfer.
Certificate of Achievement
General Agriculture Certificate
This program is designed to prepare students for entry level employment in Agriculture.
|Course Code||Course Title||Units|
|AGB 300||Introduction to Agriculture Business||3|
|AGB 310||Agriculture Computer Applications||3|
|PLTS 310||Soils, Soil Management, and Plant Nutrition (3)||3|
|or HORT 302||Soils, Soil Management, and Plant Nutrition (3)|
|ANSC 300||Introduction to Animal Science||3|
|PLTS 300||Introduction to Plant Science||3|
Agriculture (AGR) Courses
This program does not have any courses associated with it.
Office: Winn 215J
Phone: (916) 691-7614
Agriculture is a vital component of our local, state, and national economies and offers many exciting employment opportunities. In addition to the production of a wide range of valuable agricultural commodities, the Sacramento region is home to numerous multi-national agricultural corporations and statewide governmental agencies. It is also a center for international agricultural trade and commerce.