Catalog Archive sidebar and hidden CSS

Looking for Archives?

Catalogs from past years can be found on our Download page.


AA-T Art History for Transfer

DEGREE: AA-T Art History for Transfer
Code #1983

Note to Transfer Students:
The Art History for Transfer A.A.-T degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a campus of the California State University (CSU). Other than the required core, the courses you choose to complete this degree will depend to some extent on the selected CSU for transfer. For students wishing to transfer to other universities (UC System, private, or out-of-state), the Associate Degree for Transfer may not provide adequate preparation for upper-division transfer admissions; it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for the major, as programs vary widely in terms of the required preparation.

Required Program
A minimum of 3 units from the following:
A minimum of 3 units from the following:
Choose a minimum of three units from below that were not chosen above.
ARTH 312* Women in Art (3) (if not taken above)
ARTH 328* Survey of African Art (3) (if not taken above)
ARTH 332* Asian Art (3) (if not taken above)
ARTH 333* Introduction to Islamic Art (3) (if not taken above)
ART 320* Design: Fundamentals (3) (if not taken above)
ART 304* Figure Drawing I (3) (if not taken above)
ART 372* Sculpture (3) (if not taken above)
ART 327* Painting I (3) (if not taken above)
Total Units Required
Degree Total (Including GE)

*Major courses which also fulfill a transfer General Education (GE) requirement (“double-counting”). Please note that there are limitations on double-counting — consult a Counselor when planning your courses to maximize the number of courses that fulfill both the requirements for the major and GE.

Associate in Arts in Art History for Transfer Degree
The Associate in Arts in Art History for Transfer (A.A.-T) degree may be obtained by completion of 60 transferable semester units with a minimum 2.0 GPA, including: (a) 18 units in the major (earning a C or better in these courses); and (b) either the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education Breadth requirements.