Catalog Archive sidebar and hidden CSS

Looking for Archives?

Catalogs from past years can be found on our Download page.


A.S.-T Math for Transfer

DEGREE: A.S.-T Math for Transfer
Code #1971

Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer degree is designed to meet common lower-division requirements for a major in mathematics at most California State University (CSU) campuses. Satisfactory completion of the CRC Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer (A.S.-T) degree provides a solid foundation and satisfies the standard prerequisites for upper division coursework for mathematics majors at most CSU and other four-year universities. However, it is highly recommended that students meet with a counselor since major and general education requirements vary for each college/university.

Note to Transfer Students:
The Math for Transfer A.S.-T degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a campus of the California State University (CSU). Other than the required core, the courses you choose to complete this degree will depend to some extent on the selected CSU for transfer. For students wishing to transfer to other universities (UC System, private, or out-of-state), the Associate Degree for Transfer may not provide adequate preparation for upper-division transfer admissions; it is critical that you meet with a CRC counselor to select and plan the courses for the major, as programs vary widely in terms of the required preparation.

Required Program
Total Units Required

*Major courses which also fulfill a transfer General Education (GE) requirement (“double-counting”). Please note that there are limitations on double-counting — consult a Counselor when planning your courses to maximize the number of courses that fulfill both the requirements for the major and GE.

Associate in Science in Math for Transfer Degree
The Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer (A.S.-T) degree may be obtained by completion of 60 transferable semester units with a minimum 2.0 GPA, including: (a) 18 units in the major (earning a C or better in these courses); and (b) either the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education Breadth requirements.