DSPS Student Rights
- My participation in the DSP&S shall be entirely voluntary
- Receiving support services or instruction through the DSP&S office shall not preclude me from also participating in any other course, program, or activity offered by the college or from receiving basic accommodations required by state and federal law.
- All records maintained by the DSP&S office personnel pertaining to my disability(ies) shall be protected from disclosure and shall be subject to all other requirements for handling of student records.
Note: Authorities cited: Title 5 C.C.R. Section 56000 et seq., CA Education Code sections 66701.67310-67312,70901 and 84850.
DSPS Student Responsibilities
- I will provide the DSP&S with the information, documentation and/or forms deemed necessary by DPS&S to verify my disability(ies).
- I will meet with a DSP&S professional if I want to request accommodations for class(es). It is recommended that I do this before the start of the semester of enrollment. It is preferred that a Student Educational Contract be completed once per year.
- I will utilize the DSP&S in a responsible manner. I understand that the DSP&S uses written service provision policies and procedures that must be adhered to for continuation of services.
- I will attend all scheduled appointments with DSP&S professionals. If I need to reschedule or cancel my appointment, I will contact DSP&S staff at least 24 hours in advance of the day and time of my appointment. If I fail to adhere to these guidelines two times, I will meet with the DSP&S Coordinator and my services may be suspended.
- I agree that I will use any tape recordings of lectures for my personal use only and I will not share, copy or release the tape recordings or transcription to any other person or entity.
- I will meed the academic standards established by Cosumnes River College.
- I will comply with the Student Code of Conduct adopted by the college.
For more information please contact the DSPS office at (916) 691-7275.