For Students Receiving CalFresh (Federal Food Stamp Program)!
Fresh Success is an education and job training program serving Sacramento County CalFresh recipients who are enrolled in 6 or more units at CRC in an AA degree or certificate program.
CalFresh participation is a mandatory requirement for Fresh Success eligibility. If you're not receiving CalFresh, we can help you apply!
Some things Fresh Success may help you do are:
- Write an effective cover letter and resume;
- Improve your interview skills & employer-valued soft skills;
- Improve your basic English, reading, writing and math skills through Basic Education course enrollment;
- Make informed academic or vocational decisions;
- Assistance in navigating college resources and services;
- Learn new jobs skills in professional, technical or vocational programs;
- Increase your ability to complete local and state government employment applications;
- Complete a non-transferable AA degree or certificate program.
Eligible participants may also receive the following Fresh Success services:
- Textbook Voucher
- Transportation Assistance (Gas Cards)
- Parking Permit
- Required class tools and supplies
Minimum Eligibility Requirements include:
- Receiving or eligible to receive CalFresh (formerly know as Food Stamps) on your own case or your parents' case.*
- Not receiving CalWORKs benefits for yourself (you may receive benefits for your children).
- Be enrolled (not wait-listed) in 6 or more units at CRC in a Career Technical Education (CTE) program
- Be enrolled (not wait-listed) in 6 or more units at CRC, including at least one Basic Education class (remedial level English, Math) or one ESL class.
- Be a Sacramento County resident
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
*Student participation in the following programs waive the CalFresh 20 hour/week student work requirement: DSPS, EOPS, CARE, Fresh Success, MESA, Puente, and State or Federal Work Study.
Apply for CalFresh at Students.GetCalFresh.org.
To apply for the Fresh Success Program, please print & fully complete the attached forms:
- Consent of Release
- Fresh Success application (with required documents--see attached Fresh Success Information Sheet).
- Return both forms and documents to the Student Support Center, Library Building-Room L106.
We look forward to working with you!
Magalean Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 916-691-7128
Susan Vang, email@example.com, 916-691-7130
Student Support Center Receptionist, 916-691-7365