CRC's Elk Grove Center partners with the Elk Grove Unified School district to provide an Advanced Education opportunity by scheduling a college course directly located on a high school campus. Courses scheduled at the high school locations are open to all CRC students based on the regular appointed priority registration dates and the Advanced Education registration dates indicated by the district.
- You have completed the 10th grade or be 16 years old by the first day of instruction;
- You demonstrate exemplary academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 2.7 or above, an analysis of transcripts, assessment results, letters of support from high school counselors and teachers and/or other academic success indicators;
- The course you want to take is not available to you at your school;
- The course is not remedial (1-99 classes);
- The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade of a high school course;
- The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed pre-requisites for the course.
How to Apply:
- Select a course from the Elk Grove Center course schedule of classes to be hosted on a high school campus.
- Pick up the Advanced Education application packet at your high school from the high school contact indicated below OR print the Elk Grove Center Advanced Education Packet.
- Follow the checklist and instructions in your packet to complete your form and to attach all additional required documentation.
- Completed packets must be returned to your high school contact for submission before the following deadline:
- Spring 2019 Deadline: Thursday, November 19th, 2018.
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements for Advanced Education (provided on back of application) you must also complete the Advanced Education Petition and attach supporting documentation.
High School Contacts for Spring 2019:
For additional questions, contact:
Student Services, SPA
CRC Elk Grove Center
For high school students interested in attending college courses that are not on a high school campus:
You can find more information at the CRC Counseling Advanced Education page for applying.