CRC's Elk Grove Center partners with the Elk Grove Unified School district to provide an Advanced Education opportunity by scheduling a college course directly located on a high school campus. Courses scheduled at the high school locations are open to all CRC students based on the regular appointed priority registration dates and the Advanced Education registration dates indicated by the district.
If you are a high school student you may be eligible to enroll in up to two college courses each semester as an advanced education student if:
- You have completed the 10th grade or be 16 years old by the first day of instruction;
- You demonstrate exemplary academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 2.7 or above, an analysis of transcripts, assessment results, letters of support from high school counselors and teachers and/or other academic success indicators;
- The course you want to take is not available to you at your school;
- The course is not remedial (1-99 classes);
- The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade of a high school course;
- The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed pre-requisites for the course.
Students interested in a college course offered on a high school campus:
- For upcoming courses on a high school campus offered by the Elk Grove Center, please see our schedule.
- Pick up the Advanced Education application packet at your high school from the high school contact indicated below.
- Complete the online application to the college to register and receive your student ID number.
- Follow the checklist and instructions in your packet to complete your form and to attach all additional required documentation.
- Completed packets must be returned to your high school contact for submission.
High School Contacts for Spring 2018:
For additional questions, call (916) 525-4308.
Students interested in attending college courses not on a high school campus:
Can find more information at the CRC Counseling Advanced Education page for applying.