Helpful Information for Faculty
- EGC Building Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30am - 9:30pm. Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm.
- Classrooms and media cabinets will be unlocked and locked by the campus patrol each day. Your department administrative assistant can submit a key request form to the CRC Police Department if you would like to have keys to have the option to lock your door in case of an emergency.
- If you are running late or will be absent please call the EG Center at (916) 525-4300, so we can post the information for your students. Leave a message if you are sent to voicemail. DO NOT EMAIL US. You should also call your division office on the main campus to inform them of your absence.
- Use standard practice and provide your contact information for students on all your syllabi. Do not refer students to the main line on your syllabi; we do not take personal messages from students for instructors.
- All new faculty will be provided a pouch in your mailbox with whiteboard markers for use in the classroom
Faculty mail/workroom - Room 102E
• The mail/workroom has a copy machine, fax machine, scantron machine, refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, and basic office supplies. Students are not allowed in the workroom.
• There is a copy machine in Room 102E, however, it is not intended for large jobs, use your copier code given to you in a memo in your mailbox. Send your duplicating requests of more than 20 copies to the CRC Duplicating Center and be sure to identify EG Center as the delivery location. Go to https://www.crc.losrios.edu/facstaff/operations/printing to place your duplicating order.
• Any outgoing mail goes in EGC mail tub; incoming intercampus mail will be placed in your mailbox.
Faculty Office Space - Room 108E
- You need an employee prox card to access this room. Your division administrative assistant should process this request for you.
- Meetings with students may be held in this location. If you are meeting students in this area during office hours, please let your students know to knock loudly. Do not leave students unattended.
- There are computers available for your use. This is a shared space so be respectful of others using the area and please remember to log off after use.
- Do not remove any supplies belonging to the office space.
IT and Media Cabinets
- We do not have an IT person onsite, if you have any issues with the computer or media equipment, please enter a help desk ticket or use the instructions posted on the media cabinet.
- If you would like additional training please contact Media services (916) 691-7371 or visit this link:
- A limited amount of VGA cables, pointers, and headsets are available for check-out for the duration of your class period in the student services area.
- Please notify the EG Center staff via emails provided in this handout at the end, if you accept homework in your mailbox. We will not accept homework without prior faculty notification.
Student Services Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 7:15pm and Friday, 8:00am—4:30pm.
Admissions and Records, Cashier Services, Financial Aid, Counseling, & Student ID cards.
We carry a limited supply of the following scantrons: 2020-c, 815, 825-e, 882-e, 883, 884, 886.
Please advise your students to plan accordingly to office hours when purchasing scantrons.
Learning Resource Center/ Tutoring Services/Math Center & RW Center
- Computers and GoPrint printers are available for student use.
- Tutors in Math and English are available; please refer the students to the LRC for tutoring availability.
- Instructors available for students enrolled in a Math or English lab, hours will be posted in the LRC.
- The EGC has a small 2-hour reserve library in the LRC 204, if you would like to put a book on reserve please fill out the request form that was provided in your mail box and send it to the CRC Library.
- You may request books through the Library website and have them picked up at the Elk Grove Center.
- Books being picked up at the EGC will be checked out from the LRC in room 204.
- A campus patrol officer will be on campus throughout the day. Please notify the patrol officer or the Center Supervisor with any safety issues you may have.
- In case of emergency call campus police at 558-2221. Be sure to indicate that you are calling from the Elk Grove Center (Blue stickers posted on the wall).
- The Emergency Response Notification Icon (ERNI) is located on your desktop in case of an emergency. If this is accidentally double-clicked, you must call Campus Police to notify them if there is not an emergency.
- Please refer to the handout (attached) for more information on how to respond in the case of an emergency.
In case of an evacuation please follow these procedures:
- Follow instructions from the ACES Floor Captain
- Depending on the reason for evacuation, meet at the following rally points. (ACES floor captain will notify you of the rally point)
- Rally Point A (Default)—Staff Parking lot
- Rally Point B— The West Concrete Wall
- Rally Point C— Whitelock Parkway