- EGC Building Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30am - 9:30pm Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm
- Due to security protocol at all Educational Centers, keys for faculty have been requested.
- As is the case at the main CRC campus, faculty will be responsible for securing classrooms. In case of emergencies, faculty now have capacity to secure the classroom.
- If you are running late, or will be absent, please call the EG Center at (916) 525-4300, so we can post the information for your students. Leave a message if you are sent to voicemail. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL. You should also call your division office on the main campus to inform them of your absence.
- Provide your contact information for students on your syllabi. Please do not refer students to the main Elk Grove Center line on your syllabi; we cannot take personal messages from students for instructors.
Mail/Workroom - Room 102E
- The mail/workroom has a copy machine, fax machine, scantron machine, refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, and basic office supplies.
- You will need to use your copier code (provided in your mailbox), however, that code is not intended for large jobs.
- Send duplicating requests of more than 20 copies to the CRC Duplicating/Printing Services, and be sure to identify Elk Grove Center as the delivery location and allow extra time for travel.
- Scanned documents can be found in the share drive under EGA102E-ToshibaScan. This folder is checked regularly and documents dated one week or older are deleted.
- Outgoing mail goes in the EGC mail tub and is picked up nightly. Incoming mail will be placed in your mailbox.
- Be sure to check your box regularly, your division office may forward items to you here.
- Students are not allowed in the workroom.
Faculty Office Space - Room 108E
- You need an employee prox card to access this room. Your division administrative assistant should process this request for you.
- Meetings with students may be held in this location. There is a bell for student use when they want to meet with an instructor.
- Students should NOT be left unattended in Room 108E.
- Computers are available for your use. Your copier code is also used for printing documents. You will find detailed instructions on how to input your code for printing. Please remember to log off after use.
- Room 108E is a shared space so please be respectful of others using the area; please remember that extended conversations can be distracting for other colleagues preparing for class.
- Please do not remove any supplies belonging to the office space.
IT and Media Cabinets
- We do not have an IT person onsite; if you have any issues with the computer or media equipment, please enter a help desk ticket, or use the instructions posted on the media cabinet. If you place a help desk ticket please cc the Center Supervisor (tiffany [dot] clark (at) crc [dot] losrios [dot] edu) so the Center staff will be aware of the issue.
- For additional media training, contact Media services at (916) 691-7371.
- A limited amount of VGA cables, presentation remotes, and headsets are available for check-out for the duration of your class period in the student services area.
- Custodial personnel come midday (for bathroom maintenance) and late evenings (entire building). Should you find a need for additional garbage cans or a broom in your classroom or note something that needs to be addressed, please inform our staff.
- Please notify the EG Center staff if you will accept homework in your mailbox. We will not accept homework without prior faculty notification. When in the faculty office area, please do not accept homework for any of your colleagues unless prearranged.
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Admissions and Records, Cashier Services, Counseling, & Student ID cards/UTP Stickers
Learning Resource Center (LRC)/ Tutoring Services/Math Center & Reading Writing Center (Room 204)
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00am – 8:00pm, closed Fridays
- Computers and GoPrint printers are available for student use.
- Tutors in Math and English are available; please refer the students to the LRC for tutoring availability.
- Students may enroll in Math Center or Reading Writing Center at the EGC, course sections and hours are posted in the LRC and on our website.
• We do not offer test proctoring services. If you have a DSPS student in your course, you should make arrangements with DSPS Test Proctoring on the main campus. Should you have an extenuating circumstance, we will do our best to support you and your students.
- Students can order books from our campus Bookstore online, and opt to pick them up at the Center in the LRC.
- The LRC also houses our “Lost and Found.”
- The EGC has a small 2-hour reserve library in the LRC, if you would like to put a book on reserve please fill out the request form (available in the faculty work office space) and send it to the CRC Library.
- Books may be requested through the Library website and picked up here in the LRC.
- A campus patrol officer will be on campus throughout the day. Please notify the patrol officer or the Center Supervisor with any safety issues you may have.
- In case of emergency call campus police at (916) 558-2221. Be sure to indicate that you are calling from the Elk Grove Center (See blue placard posted on the wall).
- The Emergency Response Notification Icon (ERNI) is located on all computer desktops in case of an emergency. If this is accidentally double-clicked, you must call Campus Police to notify them there is not an emergency.
- Please refer to the Emergency Response flyer (in your mailbox) for more information on how to respond in an emergency.
In case of an evacuation please follow these procedures:
- Follow instructions from the ACES Floor Captain (will be wearing an orange vest)
- Depending on the reason for evacuation, meet at the following rally points. (ACES floor captain will notify you of the rally point)
- Rally Point A (Default)—Staff Parking lot (front of the building)
- Rally Point B— The West Concrete Wall
- Rally Point C— Whitelock Parkway