The CRC Office of Philanthropy awards scholarships to deserving students each year. By completing a single application, students are matched to any of the hundreds of available scholarship opportunities for which they qualify. Additional scholarships are available through generous community partners.
When to Apply
Please note that online scholarship applications are no longer being accepted as the application period has closed. Check back in December 2019/January 2020 for the next application period.
Scholarship season begins in January 2020. The deadline to submit an online application will be March 2020.
- In order to apply for scholarships, you must have a Los Rios student ID number.
- All students must have completed a minimum of 6 units at Cosumnes River College.
- All students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Cosumnes River College.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required for all scholarships. You must provide the name and email address for the person who will be providing one for you in the General Application. Start thinking about who can do this for you early. A faculty member, counselor, or employer are all good options. You may want to talk to them about providing you a recommendation first, and even provide them with an educational resume.
How to Apply
- Visit losrios.academicworks.com and click on the "Sign In" button at the top right hand corner using your Student ID Number.
- Complete the General Application. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to be awarded a scholarship.
- This single application will be used to auto-match you to any of the hundreds of scholarship opportunities for which you qualify.
- You will also be presented with additional scholarships for which you MAY be eligible. These scholarships require more information, like an additional essay question, a transcript, or an answer to several questions.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will not see all the scholarships that you have been matched to, but your application will be in the pool to be reviewed by our readers.
Click here to access the list of external scholarship opportunities presented on CRC Financial Aid's website.
After You Apply
- After the deadline closes, it will take several weeks for scholarship reviewers to read and score all of the scholarship applications that are received. All applicants will be notified once the review and selection process is complete.
- If you are selected to receive scholarships, you will be notified through your Los Rios email account. You must accept (or decline) the scholarship award offer within two weeks from the email in order to receive the scholarship.
- In addition, many scholarships require a Thank You letter for the donor or an RSVP to the Scholarship Awards Ceremony in order for the funds to be disbursed.
If you have any questions regarding scholarship opportunities, please contact the CRC Office of Philanthropy at (916) 691-7320 or CRC-OP (at) crc [dot] losrios [dot] edu.
If you are a donor who would like to make a contribution to your existing scholarship fund, you may do so online by clicking on the "Give Now" button and selecting "Other" in the drop down and entering the name of your scholarship. Please note that we are charged 4% in credit card processing fees.
You can also send a check* to: Cosumnes River College Office of Philanthropy, 8401 Center Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95823. We are so grateful to you for the difference you make in the lives of students. Thank you!
If you would like to establish a new scholarship, please contact steinem (at) crc [dot] losrios [dot] edu (Michele K. Steiner), Director of Donor Relations at (916) 691-7491.
*Please make check payable to Los Rios Colleges Foundation
Click here to read the impact scholarships have on CRC student's lives.