The Office of Philanthropy Needs Your Help
How the Office of Philanthropy Supports the Mission of Cosumnes River College
The Cosumnes River College Office of Philanthropy (CRCOP) helps raise "friends and funds" for Cosumnes River College. CRCOP promotes the college as an outstanding educational facility and a community center; establishes scholarships, grants and other assistance for students; raises funds for the betterment of the college, its facility and programs; encourages donations of all kinds in support of the college.
There are many ways you can invest in Cosumnes River College.
- The CRC Alumni Association exists to develop stronger relationships between friends and former students, and to support and promote the goals, activities and interests of the college.
- Annual Fund gifts are unrestricted and allow us to focus resources where they’re needed most. Make an online gift now.
- Employee Giving (for current employees only). Our employees are some of our most generous supporters. They work tirelessly every day to help us fulfill our mission.
- Establishment of a scholarship or endowment. Help students achieve their educational dreams by establishing or contributing to a scholarship.
- In-Kind gifts of equipment and appreciated property.
- Memorial or tribute gifts.
- Naming Opportunities. Show your support by naming a building or room.
- Planned Giving. You can create a lasting legacy that will benefit the students and College by naming Cosumnes River College in your estate plans.
- President's Circle Memberships support the mission of the College. Memberships begin at $1,000.
Why Give to the CRC Office of Philanthropy?
Your investment provides the margin of excellence between an adequate educational experience and an exceptional one. Your contribution to the Cosumnes River College Office of Philanthropy provides scholarships, supports programs and helps us expand our facilities to meet the needs of our growing community. CRC Office of Philanthropy staff is available to answer your questions about gifts to unrestricted or designated fundraising initiatives, or the establishment of a specialized fund that can have a lasting impact on students at Cosumnes River College.
According to the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office:
- For every $1 California invests in students who graduate from college, it will receive a net return on investment of $4.50.
- Californians with a college degree will earn $400,000 more in their lifetime than their peers with only a high school diploma.
- Students who earn a degree or certificate from a California community college nearly double their earnings within three years.
- Attending or graduating from a community college doubles an individual’s chance of finding a job compared to those who failed to complete high school.
- The California Community Colleges is the state’s most cost-effective system of education – the revenue needed to support one full-time community college student is slightly more than $5,000 per year.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that occupations that require an associate degree will grow by 18 percent through 2020 – faster than the new job growth for those with a bachelor’s degree.
Read more about the Economic Impact of the Los Rios Community College District
To discuss ways you can support Cosumnes River College, please contact Michele K. Steiner, Director of Donor Relations at (916) 691-7491 or by SteineM (at) crc [dot] losrios [dot] edu (email).
Cosumnes River College raises funds through the Los Rios Colleges Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization serving all Los Rios community colleges (American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City). Your donation is tax deductible to the extent permissible under law.