A.S. Medical Assisting
Certificates of Achievement
Medical Assisting, Administrative
Certificate of Proficiency
Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing
The CRC Medical Assisting Program is designed to prepare competent entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive
(knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains. Upon completion of the Certificate in Medical Assisting, students may take the CMA (AAMA) certification exam administered by American Association of Medical Assistants.
The Cosumnes River College Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Insurance Billing Specialist
- Employment is projected to grow much faster than average, ranking medical assistants among the fastest growing occupations over the 2008-18 decade.
- Eligibility to become members of AAMA and California Society of Medical Assistants (CSMA).
- Accredited preparation for national board exams; CRC students have exceeded national averages in the top 5 percent consistently for the past 20 years.
- Transfer opportunities leading to degrees in Health Services or Health Care Administration.
- Provides multiple skills for the entry-level health care professional.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo