CRC offers courses in Sign Language Studies designed to introduce students to American Sign Language. Students learn basic skills to enable them to communicate with members of the deaf community. Moreover, students learn about deaf culture such as cultural behaviors and values.
- ADA Specialist
- Artistic Signing
- Educational Interpreter
- Group Home Worker
- Human Services Worker
- Legal Aid
- Mass Media
- Mental Counselor
- Show/Theatre Interpreting
- Speech Therapy
- Teacher Aide
- Telecommunication Operators
- Video Remote Interpreting
- Foundations in all areas of American Sign Language as Childcare Worker firsthand
Some Career Opportunities may require more than two years of college study.
- Dedicated, well-trained instructors
- Practical tools provided for communication opportunities
- Highly interactive learning environment
- Develop relationship with deaf community
- A "hands-on" program providing a firm interaction and experience of deaf culture
Transferable courses may or may not satisfy lower division major preparation, general education, and/or elective requirements. Please meet with a counselor for specific transfer course evaluation.
For information about the student learning outcomes for this program, see www.crc.losrios.edu/pslo