CASSL was established in 2004 by CRC President Francisco Rodriguez to strengthen the College's ability to support student learning and success.
The Goals for the Center are:
1) To disseminate information about effective teaching strategies and provide access to educational research and other sources that can help employees efforts to support students and to enhance a positive teaching/learning environment at CRC.
2) To provide a place where CRC faculty can share their teaching expertise and research interests and experiences, including the utilization of student learning outcomes and other tools to improve learning.
3) To inform faculty of upcoming trainings related to teaching effectiveness and scholarship of teaching, including opportunities to enhance their ability to conduct classroom-based research.
4) To provide a place for CRC faculty to discuss various issues related to teaching and to explore strategies to enhance student learning, including the utilization of student learning outcomes.
5) To provide a place that showcases best practices that are utilized at the college with respect to various aspects of the teaching and learning environment, including cultural competence.
6) To provide a place for dialogue about ways to enhance the success of our students.
This website will be modified frequently as needed. Our goal is to support CRC faculty and staff as they work to support student learning at the college. We sincerely hope that you will find this website helpful and we encourage you to contact us with ideas to make this website meet the varied needs of our faculty, staff and students at CRC.
Many thanks to the Marybeth Buechner, who served as the CASSL faculty coordinator from Fall 2005 though Fall 2008. Thanks also to BJ Snowden, who served as the CASSL faculty coordinator from Fall, 2009 through Spring 2011, for building on her work. Finally, many thanks to President Debbie Travis for ongoing support for CASSL.
Sincerely, Dr. Lesley Gale - CASSL Faculty Coordinator (691-7111) Dr. Jeanne Edman - Faculty Research Coordinator (691-7501) Dr. Paul Meinz - Research Analyst (691-7723) Sabrina Sencil - Research Analyst (691-7385) Dr. Kathy McLain - Dean of Planning and Research (691-7144) Frances Anderson - CASSL Administrative Assistant (691-7303)