The Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver is available specifically for students at California community colleges and will waive your per-unit enrollment fee (currently $46).
There are three ways to apply:
1. Complete the Online BOG Fee Waiver Application.
2. Download a the paper version of the application, complete and submit to the CRC Financial Aid Office.
Click here to access the 2014-2015 Fee Waiver Application. This application covers Summer 2014, Fall 2014, and Spring 2015.
Click here to access the 2015-2016 Fee Waiver Application. This application covers Summer 2015, Fall 2015, and Spring 2016.
Spanish: 2014-2015 Fee Waiver
3. Complete the FAFSA.
There are four ways to qualify:
1. BOG Fee Waiver Method A (documentation required): You or your family are receiving public assistance from the Aid to Families with Dependent Children, or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (AFDC/TANF/CalWORKs), or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or have certification from the California Department of Veterans' Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General for a Dependent's Fee Waiver, or are a Dependent of or a Recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor, or a Dependent of a Victim of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack. Supporting documentation must be provided for all.
2. BOG Fee Waiver Method B: Meet the following income standards:
3. BOG Fee Waiver Method C (must have filed a FAFSA application or a California Dream Act Application):
You have applied for financial aid and have been determined to have a unmet need by the Federal Government. A Minimum Unmet Need of 1,104 is required. For more information please come to the Financial Aid Office.
4. BOG Fee Waiver Special Classification Method:
• You have certification from the California Department of Veterans Affairs or,
• You have certification from the National Guard Adjutant General for a dependent's fee waiver or,
• You are a dependent of or a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor or,
• You are a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack or,
• You are a dependent of a deceased law enforcement/fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty
* Copies of supporting documentation is required