American River College ~ Cosumnes River College ~ Folsom Lake College ~ Sacramento City College Health Centers
EMERGENCY RESPONSE ON CAMPUS
DIAL 2221 (CAMPUS PHONE) OR
(916) 558-2221 (CELL OR PAY PHONE)
PRESS "0" TO BYPASS THE MESSAGE AND BE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE COLLEGE POLICE DISPATCHER
1. This is the Los Rios Community College District Police dispatch number. It is answered 24/7. All emergency calls should go through this number.
IMPORTANT: Be prepared to give the following information:
* Type of emergency
* Location of emergency
* Victim information, if a medical emergency
* Your name and contact information
* Stay on the line until instructed to hang up
The more information you can give to dispatch, the faster we can get appropriate help to you.
2. District College Police dispatch will notify the appropriate campus police department and the Health Center, if appropriate, for health-related emergencies.
3. College Police are the 1st responders and will assess any emergency. In a health-related emergency, a college nurse will also respond, when available.
4. College Police or nurses will activate emergency medical services (EMS) via 911, if necessary.
5. In the event that EMS has already been activated by someone other than College Police, please tell dispatch when you call. They will notify College Police. In order to avoid delay in reaching the victim, College Police will meet the responders and direct them to the appropriate location.
6. If 911 is not needed:
a) Encourage able persons to go to the Health Center for assistance.
b) Encourage able persons to have someone pick them up and take them home or to seek off campus medical care.
c) College Police or College Nurse may transport the person to the Health Center for further care, if appropriate.
Outreach Centers: Please call 911 directly if the emergency is beyond the first aid that you can administer.