If you are currently attending another institution in the U.S. as an F-1 student, you will need to have your SEVIS record released to CRC after you have met the admission requirements. Please talk to your current International Student Advisor about transferring to CRC as soon as possible.
To be considered for admission to CRC as a transfer student you must submit items A-L to our Admissions and Records Office. Please collect ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR AN I-20 AT ONE TIME. A complete package will speed up the admission process. Please visit the Admissions & Records Office to submit documents in person or mail them to:
Cosumnes River College
Attn: International Admissions
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95823
INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION APPLICATION DEADLINES:
FALL SEMESTER (August to December): May 1st
SPRING SEMESTER (January to May): November 1st
Transfer In -Admission Requirements:
A. Evidence of English Proficiency: You will need to demonstrate your English proficiency with one of the approved examinations:
- Official TOEFL (Test of English in a Foreign Language) test result Score: 45 (internet based), or 133 (computer based), or 450 (written). To find out more about the TOEFL, contact www.ets.org/toefl.
- IELTS (Score: 5.0) http://www.ielts.org/.
- We also accept the STEP/EIKEN test with a score of Grade 2A Level.
- Applicants already residing in the United States, may submit the CRC ESL Assessment Test scores with placement in the High Intermediate level in place of the TOEFL. Please check with the Assessment Center for test times and dates.
B. Financial Support: Official bank letter/USCIS affidavit of support. The minimum amount required will be specified in the international application packet. This amount is subject to change for each application period.
- No Copies: Original Bank Letter with signature and/or seal must be received – Note: Fees Subject to Change.
- Original Bank Letter must be dated within 6 months of instructional start date. Support covers non-resident tuition fees, mandatory student health insurance coverage, books and living expenses.
- Financial aid is not available to international students.
- If a sponsor is a US citizen or lives and works in the US download USCIS Affidavit of Support Form I-134 include their official bank verification. US Sponsors are also required to provide a copy of their last Tax Return and most recent Paycheck stub
- Please see sample bank letter for reference SampleBankLetter.pdf
C. Education Requirements:
- Official high school diploma/transcript showing graduation. If you are currently in your final year of high school and will graduate before the applicable semester begins, request a letter signed by your school Principal certifying your “expected” graduation month, date and year.
- College Transcript(s) from US or Overseas are required. College Transcripts and Evaluations must be received in a sealed school envelope.
– ALL Non-English documents must be accompanied by English translated* copies.
– All overseas transcripts must be evaluated*.
* For information on go to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE)
- No Copies – Original Diploma & Transcripts with signature and/or seal must be received.
D. Photograph: One small photograph with your name printed on back.
E. Passport Information: Copy of the personal information page from your passport.
1. International Student Application Packet: Fall_2019_International_Student_Application_3.7.19.pdf
2. Los Rios Enrollment Application (all students complete this): LRCCD-Application_CRC_Majors_12-10-2017.pdf
G. Application Fee: $50.00 Non-refundable application fee payable to Cosumnes River College in the form of a check, money order, or cashier’s check (do not send cash) payable on a United States bank.
H. Proof of Health Insurance & Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance required upon your acceptance :
- Health Insurance is required of all international students. Los Rios Community College District has selected a plan offered by Aetna Student Health to meet your needs. To review the policy, please go to: https://studentinsurance.usi.com/.
- Tuberculosis Clearance: Certification of Negative Tuberculosis Skin Test. This can be taken at the Health Services after arriving on campus for a fee of $5.00.
I. CRC TRANSFER FORM filled out by your International Student Advisor TransferForm.pdf
J. Copy of VISA stamp in your passport
K. Copy of I-94 (front and back) in your passport
L. Copy of your current school’s I-20 issued to you