Under the general supervision of the Peer Mentor Project staff, Peer Mentors will create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all mentees. Peer Mentors will work with a diverse team to provide a wide variety of support services to mentees. Peer Mentors will develop relationships with staff, faculty, and administrators and closely support mentees for academic success. Peer Mentors serve as a peer contact for the program.
- Provides assistance to complete the Steps to Success process including; application, orientation, assessment, counseling and registration.
- Meet with mentee(s) in groups or individually.
- Serves as a peer liaison and refers students to appropriate campus resources.
- Contacts and schedules mentee appointments to monitor their progress; makes proper notation in files. Assists with grade checks and student success plans.
- Assists with new student orientations, workshops and activities. Develop, plan and facilitate events; recruits speakers, panelists, develops flyers and advertises events.
- Represents the Peer Mentorship Project; serves on panels and provides outreach services for the Peer Mentorship Project on campus.
- Complete all appropriate paperwork and reports required. Manage projects and meet expected deadlines.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- 2018-2019 Academic Year
- $11.00 per hour
- Hours will be scheduled during the hours of 8:00AM and 7:00PM, on weekdays and some weekends
- Paid hourly
||Academic Year Responsibilities
- Must be a current/enrolled at CRC in at least 6 units.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Be on time for assigned work schedule, activities and tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with students, staff, administrators and faculty from diverse backgrounds and identities related to socio- class, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, ability, nationality, citizenship, religion
- Must submit all materials requested in the job posting
- Must be able to attend the required summer training.
- Serve as an official CRC representative and role model, and exhibit the values and culture of CRC.
- Coordinate, plan and execture academic and social events as needed.
- Meet in person for 30 minute twice per month with assigned mentees.
- Attend mandatory Friday seminars 9:00am to 11:00am
- Participate and co-facilitate Monthly First Year Experience (FYE) meetings.
- Serve as an official college representative and role model, and exhibit the values and culture of CRC.
- Maintain a caseload of 6-8 mentees each semester
- Coordinate, plan and execute academic and social events for mentees as needed.
|Lead Peer Mentors
- Lead peer mentors are selected during the summer training. Two to three will be selected.
- Lead peer mentors must adhere to all responsibilities as outlined for peer mentors in addition:
- Mentor and support new and returning peer mentors.
- Assist in the facilitation of training sessions/workshops.