STUDENT DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
The Place Where Leaders Flourish
Contributing to Student Life, the Student Development Office (SDO)
offers a variety of ways for students to become involved in campus life.
The Student Development Office provides an inclusive, experiential learning environment and creates dynamic opportunities for the intellectural growth of students and our community.
The mission of the Student Development Office is to provide the setting to allow personal and organizational growth, development of leader skills, prepartion for civic responsibility and exploration of cultures.
The mission is supported through four pillars:
- Student Leadership: Associated Students of CRC Student Senate; Associated Students of CRC Clubs and Events Board; Student Ambassador Program
- Student Life Services: Authorize and serve student clubs, Provide information on Health & Dental Insurance, Bus Schedules and Available Housing information
- Campus Activities: All student involvement in multicultural events and shared governance committees, Assist with campus events, Manage Commencement
- Community Service: Provide volunteer opportunities to student organizations to help with community organizations, post community related advertising and assist with K-12 outreach
Student Learning Outcomes
Students involved in leadership, campus activities and community service (three pillars of the Student Development Office) will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership and engagement in student activities and learning opportunities on and off campus beyond class requirements
- Actively seek out the information and resources needed to develop academically, personally, and socially
- Participate in the larger community beyond campus in a positive manner demonstrating an understanding of personal and social responsibility in the larger context
- Demonstrate the intellectual skills, values, cultural proficiency, and attitudes that will make them effective learners and citizens
- Demonstrate the skills to work effectively, respond appropriately, and be sensitive to issues that arise in a diverse environment
Library Building, room L-103.
Call us at 916.691.7315
Like Us on Facebook: facebook.com/CRCStudentDevelopment
We are open Monday - Friday, 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Open hours may vary during winter and spring break; summer session and holidays.