For Students Receiving CalFresh (Federal Food Stamp Program)!
Fresh Success is an education and job training program serving Sacramento County CalFresh recipients who are enrolled in 6 or more units at CRC in an AA degree or certificate program.
1.) CalFresh participation is a mandatory requirement for Fresh Success eligibility. If you're not receiving CalFresh, we can help you apply!
2.)Transfer degree (AA-T or AS-T) programs are not eligible for Fresh Success.
Program participants will receive:
- Academic counseling
- Career and employment readiness assistance
- Career assessment
- Assistance with internship/employment opportunities
- Referrals to campus and community resources to help students meet basic needs
Eligible participants may also receive the following Fresh Success services:
- Textbook Voucher
- Transportation Assistance (Gas Cards)
- Parking Permit
- Required class tools and supplies
Minimum Eligibility Requirements include:
- Not enrolled in CalWORKs
- Be enrolled (not wait-listed) in 6 or more units at CRC in a Career & Technology program
- Enrolled (not wait-listed) in 6 or more units at CRC including at least one Basic Education level class in English, Math or ESL.
- Be a Sacramento County residency
- Be a U.S. citizen or legally eligible to work in the USA
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
And meet one of the following criteria
- Educationally disadvantaged
- Timed-out of TANF
- A veteran
- Emancipated foster youth
To apply, please print & fully complete the attached forms:
- Consent of Release
- Fresh Success application (with requested documents).
- Return both forms and documents to the Student Support Center, Library Building-Room L106.
We look forward to working with you!
Magalean Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 916-691-7128
Susan Vang, email@example.com, 916-691-7130
Student Support Center Receptionist, 916-691-7365